Saturday, November 2, 2013

Painting from China

I have many things that I still need to post to this site, but I probably won't get around to it. I have a good friend, we used to be friends, who bought a painting from China. We wanted to be able to have others see the difference between what he thought he was buying, and what he actually bought, so here goes.

This is what he thought he was buying.
I really like this painting. I like all the colors. My former friend said, "It has a lot of movement." For a stationary object, I agree. I think that the description of "movement" in a very static painting must be an art class thing. I never took an art class.

Here is the painting he was sent in the mail from china.
Granted the photos are not of the exact same quality, but I agree with him that there was some false advertising done by the website. Not nearly as much color. It looks like a very good chinese copy painter took about 20 minutes to fulfill an order.

Fortunately his wife likes the painting. He is also a very artistic person and is going to try to complete the painting at home with his own paint stuff, like paint, and brushes, and one of those mixing trays, and maybe an easel. I look forward to seeing the final result. He stretched the canvas himself. It was his first try. I think he did great.

No comments:

Post a Comment