Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mr. Jimmy goes to Washington

I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Washington D.C. This is a trip report.
The first picture above is a picture of the national treasury. I was wondering why Alexander Hamilton has no memorial, then I saw this building. He was instrumental in holding the states together in the beginning. Actually I think maybe the way to say that is that he was instrumental in making a powerful federal government in the beginning, which I would concede eventually held the union together. But he was the first person politician to do loan consolidation on a national government scale. This is his memorial.


If you look closely you can see a statue of Hamilton right in front of the building. Trust me it's him.












That was The White House. Really it was you can see it can't you?
bob





George Washington wanted many of the streets to be canals. This is a waterway caretakers house. It's about all that's left. Of the Canals. Apparently not much stuff ever traveled by canal into D.C.








A lot of americans paid dearly in Vietnam.










This is another statue for Vietnam. Honestly I never get tired of seeing Soldiers or statues honoring them. They are why we live in a country as free as it is.









Abraham Lincoln kept our Country together. He was a great president. It's too bad slavery couldn't have ended without such a high price. It seems that is the way of things. The worst things are always the most difficult to correct.



I saw a picture from space once on a poster. It was compiled from photos taken at night. It is interesting to see the bright spots at major cities in modern countries. But more interesting is where it is still Dark. This is the Korean War memorial.

When I read JFK's stuff I think he would be a conservative

Tomb of the unknown soldier. Probably my favorite thing I saw.

This is a video of arlington. I'm not sure if it is going to work, but it is humbling to see how many have fought for our freedom.

This should be Cherry Blossoms.
FDR's Memorial. Do we really need this? The guy was practically a king. He was elected 4 times. I feel like his intentions were good, but all wrong. Government is not the solution, it's the problem, and he made it a lot bigger. The founding fathers and people were afraid that George Washington was going to make himself a king, and he could have. He was that popular, but he retired after 2 terms. I just think that anyone who stays in government for life is not someone we want in government.

George Mason is honored here for not signing The Constitution because it allowed slavery. Good job George!

Thomas Jefferson. Trust me it's him. He was a small government guy in the beginning. I guess what he was was anti-federalist. Very popular guy. Very pro democracy.

The Washington Monument.

I am amazed at what the founding fathers did. We have the greatest country in the world. I was talking with someone who works for the UN in the new republic of congo. The corruption there makes for some difficult living situations. I am grateful for the morals that were such an important part of our founding. I hope that our country can get back to them. Otherwise I fear that we will have something more like countries that I am glad to visit, but glad to return from. Here.

America is truly exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment